4/13/2013

Homemade Almond Milk

Last recipe post today, I promise.

So who here loves almond milk?? - I do, I do!!

So when I saw this post on Kitchen Simplicity for homemade almond milk, I died a little. Okay, not really, but I was super excited!

Not to mention, I have all the ingredients sitting in my pantry as we speak. Yes!

What you'll need:
1 cup, raw almonds
3 1/2 cups, water {[plus more for soaking]}
pinch sea salt
2 tsp, vanilla, optional
1/4 tsp, cinnamon, optional
2 Tbsp, maple syrup, optional

 Pick and choose your optional mix-ins or use them all for a delicious beverage that tastes great on it’s own.

Directions:
 Place almonds in a bowl. Cover with enough cold water that the almonds are completely submerged. Set aside and let soak overnight {[or at least 8 hours]}.
Drain and rinse the almonds, place in your blender along with 3 1/2 cups fresh water. Cover and process on the highest setting for one minute.
Line a fine mesh sieve with cheesecloth. Pour the almond mixture through the cheesecloth. Gather the ends of the cheesecloth and, using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid from the almonds as possible. Discard or save the almonds for another use.
Whisk in sea salt along with desired flavorings. Pour into a storage container and refrigerate {[let sit for a couple hours before using for best flavor]}.
Stir or shake before use. This should stay good for up to 5 days.

Makes: 3.5 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...